Thursday, April 18, 2013

Update

So Tuesday was Mum's chemotherapy session and after she'd had it we took a walk to the local Maggie's Centre (Swansea has one and Manchester will be getting one at The Christie). It's a fantastic building (all the centres seem to be architecturally significant) and the women we spoke to there seemed really nice. They offer all sorts of classes such as relaxation, art therapy etc.  I think Mum (and possibly Dad) may take advantage of some of them.  We also went out for a pub meal in the evening down the Mumbles which was nice.

Wednesday was the auction which went better than any of us could have hoped for so that was good and then I set off for the journey home (at about 1600). Was dreading hitting all the rush hour traffic but luckily I seemed to miss it all.  Not sure how that happened. Got back to Manchester about 2030. Was great to see the Aged Ps who seem to be both doing quite well at the moment.  It even looks as though we may get some time together in Portugal.

Today was the Macmillan Programme Board meeting which I ensured was "messy and difficult" by asking some awkward questions.  I now seem to have been landed with the task though of canvassing all patient opinion on cancer services across Greater Manchester. That should keep me busy!  That'll teach me to be messy and difficult.... Will also be attending the Board Meeting of the South Manchester Clinical Commissioning Group (the organisation that has - sort of - replaced the Primary Care Trust) next week too to talk about the patient experience.  It's being held in Wythenshawe which is lucky as I also have a cancer patient support group meeting in Wythenshawe on the same day.  Then have to rush back to Manchester for a hair cut.. phew!

Have also now sorted out all my London activities which is good and which doesn't include getting blown up at the marathon.  I don't know what it is about me and marathons as the Paris one was being run whilst we were over there too.

Seeing Sara tomorrow for coffee/herbal tea.  It will be the first time I've seen her since her heart attack but reports tell me she is doing really well which is a big relief.  I'll report back once I've seen her.

But with all this stuff going on I'm finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with all my friends.  I'm considering picking a pub and holding a drop in session once a month so that everyone can come and check up on me if they wish.  What do my blogging buddies think about this as an idea?  Let me know in comments.  And that's all for now. DD round tonight to catch up on Mad Men. Curry is on the menu.... Yum!  J x

Hailstones currently hammering down outside. There does seem to be an awful lot of weather around at the moment.. J x

1 comment:

vofjohanna1962 said...

I like the idea of the pub drop in centre....