Sunday, April 14, 2013

Here I Am

In somewhat damp and overcast Swansea.  Of course it's not damp and overcast in my heart though as City are through to the FACup Final. Where they will meet Wigan. Nuff said.

Am also not damp and overcast because my (newly forgiven) friend Jude has managed to arrange a backstage tour of the London Palladium for me and Fig when we're there next Saturday for A Chorus Line.  I simply adore this musical (Fig hates it but loves me and so is making this a gift for me) but have never seen it on stage before. Very excited.  On the Sunday I am being taken on Hampstead Heath (oo er Missus) by my friends Donna and Sarah.  Again this will be a new experience for me.  Have not yet planned my Monday but it may involve the light exhibition at The Hayward.  All this and a disabled rail pass works for First Class too!  Hurrah.

This past week I have -

* Had my tooth glued back in again by the dentist (a piece of hard Parisien bread had put paid to it).  Not my usual one though as he was away :-( But Alex seemed nice too.  Well, that is right up until he told me that I'm not to put anything hard or sticky in my mouth....
* Attended a Macmillan conference on lung cancer services. That was interesting.  Dr Yvonne was on my table too which was fun.  She was a vision in coordinated burgundy.  And she has a Mercedes with personalised number plates.  It's no wonder I like her.  Have concluded though that I am not may be a typical lung cancer patient.  It seems the majority belong to something called "the lower socio-economic groups". I don't even know what that means.  Does it mean they shop in chain stores or something?
* Enjoyed myself immensely at my Manchester leaving do. To be honest I don't remember a great deal about it which is usually a good sign. I don't think any karaoke was involved though.
* Taken part in a Helpline Steering Group meeting making lots of plans for signing off our current crop of trainees.
* Had lunch with and gone shoe shopping with the lovely DD after we'd been on a break for a few days following Paris.
* Bought a shirt and a pair of shorts for Portugal. At Mrporter.com - my favourite internet store.
* Driven to Swansea and upset my Mum by not liking the soup she'd made me :-(  SorryMum.
* Completely failed to tidy my flat :-)

And I'm exhausted by all that so taking it easy in Swansea apart from the hospital visit, the auction, the coffee at friends...

Hope you all have a fab week and ill be back in Manchester Wednesday night ready for another Macmillan thing on Thursday. That's all. J x

2 comments:

fig said...

Are you sure you have never seen ACL on stage before? Didn't you and I see it at the Lowry in that curious purple, velour auditorium?

If not, who the hell was I there with?

I am also v. excited about the backstage tour up the Palladium. I am now rehearsing a small solo spot in case a wandring producer happens upon us in the wings...

Jonathan said...

A Chorus Line? In velour? Whilst it sounds like a dream come true I have no recollection whatsoever. Of course this doesn't mean it didn't happen... J x