Friday, February 15, 2013

Third Time Lucky

So it was back to the dentist today. He's used so much glue sticking the tooth back in this (third) time that I think I may be high for a whole month!

Last night was a lovely night out with DD and Michele to celebrate the end of this chemotherapy cycle. Started in The Midland followed by a meal in Carluccio's (where we were the only "group" - everyone else was in a couple: must have had something to do with the date). And then nightcaps at the Radisson.  Got home about 0130. Lovely.

I've just been reminded by Madame La T that I've omitted to post a review of Lincoln.  I really enjoyed the film and am convinced that Daniel Day Lewis deserves an Oscar for his performance. The film focuses on a quite short period in Lincoln's life - his struggle to get the necessary votes to pass the 13th amendment - but that means that you get sufficient detail to really get under the skin of the principle characters. Very good.

Off to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert tonight.  I don't hold out great hopes for it and sadly DD is too unwell to come along. So just me, Lesley and Sara. We'll just have to make the best of it... :-) J x

No comments: