Thursday, February 14, 2013

Good News

Saw Dr Yvonne at the clinic this morning and she thinks I'm doing "brilliantly". She says I've responded really well to treatment and that augurs well for any future treatments I may have. She said that despite lowering the chemotherapy dose after the first cycle, I'd still had a really tough chemotherapy regime and she was happy with how I'd responded to that. I'm dead chuffed about all this.

Also, have had my ill health retirement approved. I've not received my copy of the paperwork yet but my boss has. I'm pleased (and also not pleased at the same time) about this. I'm really going to miss work. And what the hell am I going to do with the time available me when I'm not abroad? Will need to come up with a cunning plan. Dr Yvonne doesn't recommend the gym though which is a relief as I could see that is where the carer-in-chief's thoughts were going... She thinks I just need gentle exercise which is just fine by me. Carer in chief has therefore picked me up a leaflet on complementary therapies so we're looking at yoga and meditation and massage....

Off out tonight with DD and Michele to celebrate the end of this cycle of chemo. I won't be seeing the doctor for 6 weeks now. I'll also need to have an MRI scan to check out my spine as the last CT scan showed something up even though the PET scan hadn't. Dr Yvonne doesn't think this is anything to worry about but wants to check it out anyway. MRI scan will happen some time in the next 6 weeks.

And that's all for the moment. Have to get out of the flat now as my cleaner is here and I don't want to get in her way so I'm off to the Whitworth gallery for a look at the Piper exhibition. J x


1 comment:

Jill h said...

Glad your doing well at the moment Jonathan, they are looking at Glyn having a course of radiotherapy now, but he's doing OK xxxxx keep well love Jill xx