Saturday, February 02, 2013

Thank you

I just want to take the opportunity today to say thank you to all my friends out in blogger land for the help and support you've given me over these past few months. I know many of you don't comment on the site but I also know from talking to you that many of you are nevertheless regular readers of this site. Just knowing that helps. Many you, of course, also phone me and text me and send best wishes via third parties. It all helps and it all counts. I just wanted you all to know that. And before you start to worry, no, I'm not feeling maudlin it's just a good opportunity (no more chemo for a while) to say it.

In other news, Ev's mum's funeral yesterday was rather lovely. Lots of family, obviously, and many of the grandchildren gave readings and shared personal memories. It really brought home what a lovely woman she was. Of course, anyone who has ever met Ev would have no doubts that she came from a close and loving family but it doesn't do any harm to say these things out loud from time to time. Unfortunately the funeral took it out of me a bit (catholic funerals are not brief affairs) and so I had to come home straight away afterwards but I'm glad I was there all the same.

Plans for today include taking it easy and being visited by carer in chief. And who could ask for more than that? Have a nice day everyone. J x

No comments: