Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Secret Revealed

Well I had no idea that including the phrase "a top secret adventure" in a blog post would have such an effect on everyone.  Clearly you don't like me having secrets...

Anyway, I can now reveal that the secret adventure was, in fact, a trip to a garden centre to buy a couple of rose bushes.  These were gifts for Ev and Michele for them to remember the people they have lost recently.  I wasn't going to mention this fact before we'd given the gifts obviously. Both Michele and Ev were very appreciative of the nice surprise so it was worth the trip and the hassle of receiving endless texts demanding to know what the big secret was...!

Mum had her first chemo session yesterday which went quite well apart from the fact that the nurse had problems getting the cannula in.  Why aren't all nurses proficient at this skill?  It's an absolute basic requirement of hospital treatment (especially on a chemo ward) and so they should all be good at it but a surprising number of them aren't. And as far as I can see no-one cares or checks up. We'll just have to wait and see now how hard the side effects hit her this time round.  Fingers crossed it won't be too bad.

A nice lunch yesterday with Gill and Cath and then DD was round in the evening to catch up on some recorded TV. Lunch again today, this time with Daniel and Jane, but not much else.  Never fear though, I have a long list of stuff that I need to do so wont be sitting around idly feeling sorry for myself.  That's all for now. May blog later providing I get some of the way through my long list. :-) J x

No comments: