Monday, March 04, 2013

Two Days

So it's been 2 days since I last posted. Sorry about that. Clearly I've just been having too much fun (and too many hangovers!).

So Friday night was martinis in Panacea with DD and Ev. That was very nice and not been there for ages. Felt a little delicate on Saturday morning but it was off to Manchester Art Gallery for the Raqib Shaw exhibition. The artist has decorated the outside of the gallery too with plants and flowers which look fantastic - do get down there and have a look if you get a chance. Also please make the effort to see the exhibition inside as it will blow your mind. The colour and sparkle and vibrancy of the paintings is overwhelming and really worth the effort.  I'll definitely be going back to see it.

Saturday night was a night out with my trainees at the Comedy Store on Deansgate Locks. What a brilliant night. Of course it was the usual thing with the comedians with 2 of them being really good and 2 of them being just OK. But a great night out nevertheless with the guys and their (for the most part) pregnant partners. To Atlas Bar for after-show drinks and then to Neighbourhood with Daniel and Sharon who stuck it out longer than most (hard drinking Yorkshire persons that they are!). We must do it again and I'm suggesting we go to the new upmarket bowling alley in the Great Northern.  Will check it out with DD and others first to make sure it's worth the trip to Manchester for the rest of them.

Then yesterday was a late lunch (once early morning hangovers had been dealt with) with DD and Lesley at Rosso (my first time there) and I was impressed both with the venue and the food and the martinis (yes, more vodka). I think the service left a little to be desired though. We then popped into Avalnche and Albert's Chop House before Lesely and DD headed off for a pub quiz in Castlefield.  I was flagging by this stage and so made my excuses and left.

Busy week ahead (starting with lunch today with my very good friend Pat from Wrexham) and then loads of other stuff that I'll fill you in on as the week progresses.  DD is having one of her incommunicado weeks (which given her continuing deafness is probably no bad thing since I know she finds it very frustrating) so I won't see her until next weekend.

And that's all I can think of to tell you about at the moment.  Good luck to Gill with her resit which happens today. J x

No comments: