Monday, March 25, 2013

Momentous Events (Not Really)

So, this blog approaches its 7 year anniversary (27 March 2006 was my first ever posting) and I approach my 1000th post (this posting is number 995). And Hilda is 80 years old.  Fantastic stuff.

Anyway, in respect of the latter event, DD and I took her out for a curry yesterday and very nice it was too.  Bloody freezing out in the open though. We went to the Radisson first for champagne and vodka.  Unfortunately the place was somewhat overrun by hairdressers (yes, there was an actual convention) and tall wispy models who's up-dos had been mostly annihilated by the wind. So service was a little slow.  In recognition of this the rather cute barman gave us our drinks for free. How fab is that?

Then it was back to DDs for coffee, Countryfile and Corrie to find out who died in the fire (we still don't know). Altogether a lovely day.

Not much on the agenda today. Indeed nothing until my helpline shift this evening.  I shall endeavour to tackle mountains of paperwork therefore. Just as soon as I've made myself another coffee. And maybe a biscuit or two... That's all.  J x

No comments: