Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Busy And Hungover

So out with Toby last night for a drink which turned into a meal and lots of drinks. How does that happen?  He brought Chris, his tutor, along initially and it was great to see her as have not seen her for ages.

Today was my pre- meeting meeting with the Macmillan cancer people ahead of the conference on Friday. Have been given a list of attendees and its all Director of this, Chief Finance Officer of that. All pretty high profile.  Will be interesting to see how I get along with them all. Macmillan people seemed to be suitably impressed with me (and why wouldn't they be?) and have asked me to consider joining the steering group for this project (which is planned to last for 3 years and has a budget of £6m). Obviously I haven't got 3 years but I think I may well join the steering group as there are lots of London conferences to attend and you get your expenses paid!  Obviously that wouldn't be my prime motivation (no seriously, it isn't) but I do have a lot to say on the provision of care (as any reader of this blog will know) and I do want to be able to make a difference.

Then it was on to more prosaic pursuits this evening and a visit to the cinema with the lovely Gill to see the latest Die Hard which is pretty much exactly how you expect a Die Hard film to be and none the worse for that. Had fun.

Tomorrow is another busy day (but with the benefit of an early night tonight) as am having lunch with Jude at Carluccio's, doing a load of pre-reading for Friday and doing my first shift in six months on the Helpline. Phew.  Incidentally I have arranged a meeting with the LGF volunteer coordinator for next week to discuss how I will be ending homophobia in the football community. Wish me luck.  And that's all for tonight. I'm sure there's loads I've forgotten but I want to get an early night... :-) J x

No comments: