Monday, January 11, 2010

Same Old Same Old

So I had to access NHS services again on Sunday and once again they failed miserably. I went to the new NHS walk-in-centre in Boots on Cross Street in order to get my wound dressing changed only to be told that they had no nurses working because the one nurse who was due to be on was sick. What sort of service is that? Bloody awful service is the answer. They did have 2 receptionists working though which considering that there was no-one in the place seemed somewhat excessive. So we (DDD was with me of course) had to trek to the MRI where they have a properly staffed walk-in-centre and wait for an hour to be seen.

Better news this morning though as my GP's practice has agreed to take responsibility for my wound dressings and I only have to have them changed every other day which is handy (and, presumably, a sign that things are getting better).

Went back to work today (albeit in Manchester as things are still slippery in Warrington). There appears to have been a bit of a thaw today though so will attempt Warrington tomorrow. Will be doing short days for a while though.

Best news of all though is that I now have a new mobile. If anyone reading this hasn't received my new number yet then leave a message here and I'l text it to you. That's all for now. J x

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

Gosh.

fig said...

Hoorah and Haroo, you are back safe and sound. Glad you have the new phone and discovered the gift.

I'm off work with a nasty cold - but 'working form home' as I'm so important and busy nowadays. sheesh.

But what I - and the world want to know is what Mr. D. Blanford says ...

Anonymous said...

Absolutely who he and what did he say...have been reading record tine ..edmund white in the times today..this is so you you should read..you ok hon?

Anonymous said...

Ah this is a japenese girl link bebs..don't think this guy knows you too well