Sunday, January 03, 2010

Bloody Cricket

Its still on. How is this possible? I'm sure we won something the other day. So why are we still playing? It doesn't make any sense. But the bloody game doesn't make any sense anyway. Its soooo boring. Still the Ageds are happy.

Wound seems a little improved. The nurse is only "packing" two out of the three open bits of the scar now which I think is an improvement. Seeing the practice nurse from here on in which is better because I have fixed appointments to see her. With the District Nurse you just have to hang around until he or she turns up (so far anytime from 1030 to 1430).

Actually made it out of the house today. Whoo hoo! Was going to walk to the local shop but the pavements are still a bit dodgy here (we had heavy snow on New Year's Day) and I didn't want to risk falling over with an abdominal wound. So Dad drove me there. Nice to get out even so. Am going to the big shops tomorrow (Tesco) as appointment with nurse is not until 1500.

Plan now is to come back up to Manchester on Saturday. I won't be able to drive myself (I can do it physically but a) I haven't got my car down here and, b) I wouldn't be covered by insurance for driving so soon after an abdominal operation). So the Ageds will drive me to the M50/M5 interchange and DD will pick me up from there to complete my journey into the Northern lands. I may still be needing wound dressing changes but I will get these done in Manchester rather than in Swansea. Hopefully I'll be able to start back in work on the Monday even if it is only part-days. I'll take the decision on Wednesday probably subject to any medical advice. And that's all for now except to say that I spoke to young Figgis today. Which was nice. J x

1 comment:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Happy New Year to you sweetie. Hope it's a vintage year for all of us and not the start of some ice age...

Don't be in too much of a hurry to rush back to the frozen streets of Manc-dom; the roads are fine but the pavements are sheets of ice and have been for the past couple of weeks on and off.

I'm sure you've been told to take it easy for about 6/8 weeks and you're ignoring it all, aren't you? I won'ttell you to stop and smell the roses but there's more to life than work - oh yes, there is - don't argue!

Happy 2010 to you and the AgedPs xx