Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Bloody Shambles

It seems that no-one wants to take responsibility for me in Manchester. My GP says that they don't have the supplies (dressings) to attend to my wounds and directed me to a walk-in-centre in Ancoats. They said that the system changed six weeks ago and directed me back to my GP who then promptly referred me to the walk-in-centre in Boots in town who said they only had enough dressings for one visit and I should try A&E! Are they out of their minds? I'd have to start queuing again as soon as I'd been seen in order to make sure of being seen again within 24 hours. I'd end up living there like Tom Hanks in that film (obviously without falling in love with a woman). Although I am rather loving Nurse Jackie...

And don't even get me started on the information available on train services...

More news as I get it.... J x

2 comments:

LC (not Elsie!!) said...

Ooh - have they just not learned yet not to mess with you?? Perhaps Nurse Jackie could step in (though it is a stretch to see the funny side). I'm guessing coffee's a non-starter then? :-/

fig said...

A miniscule bit of poor weather and this country grinds to a halt! It's just snow, people - get a spade and clear your own pavement, then buy some salt and spread it out. Then theman who sells the bandages can get to the Doctors, so that my Bessy Mate can get home!

I know that a lot of important people read this blog, so the above paragraph will no doubt urge the populus into positive action.