Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Why Is It Never Easy?

So, in order to get a new phone I went into the O2 shop and explained to the surly youth therein what had happened to which the response was that it will cost me £342 to buy a new phone and then I can swap the SIM card over. £342! Is he completely stark raving mad? The O2 shop is right next door to the Orange shop where they have an iPhone in the window with the word "free" in really big capital letters just above it. So I just walked out. Unfortunately, because I hadn't been prepared for the aforementioned surly youth's response I was not in possession of all the information I needed to enable me to simply tell him I was strolling next door to see his mates in the Orange shop. What I needed to know (and didn't) was where I am in my IPhone/O2 contract and how much longer it has left to run. I was so annoyed that I wasn't going to ask him and so vowed to look the information up online when I got home.

And this is where it gets difficult. To find out information about one's O2 account one needs to log onto the O2 site. Well I didn't know what my username and password were (I haven't used the site since I first bought the phone) but it wouldn't let me re-register ("you already have an account"). So I tried every combination of username and password I've ever used but none of them worked. Luckily there's a button you can click if you've forgotten them but this gets you the message "the details have been sent to your phone". BUT I CAN'T GET INTO MY BLOODY PHONE YOU MORONS! And of course the original contract is hidden away somewhere in Manchester. Aaaaaargh. So I tried the helpline (10 minutes of "you are in a queue" and I gave up). Finally, I've emailed them but they only promise a reply in 24 hours. If nothing is forthcoming I'll just go and sign on with Orange anyway (2 for 1 on cinema tickets on Wednesdays) and sort the rest out later. Its still going to be cheaper than bloody £342.

Also saw the local GP today (he agrees with the District Nurse that the wound will take longer to heal than I'd hoped) and I got a prescription and a sick note for another 2 weeks. The practice nurse re-did my dressing but I wasn't too happy with her hygiene precautions although I didn't say anything. Bloody annoyed with myself about that too (no comments please DD).

And then I learn from DD that they're all coming down for NYE anyway whether I want to join them or not. Pleased and annoyed at the same time. Its complicated so please don't ask me to explain it.

And that's about it for now. Second episode of Day of the Triffids about to come up. Lets hope the script is a bit better in the second half than it was in the first. Great production values though. But it must be impossible to come up with plants that move and look threatening at the same time. And what's with all the dripping "saliva" stuff? Too much like Aliens that bit. And now that really is all... J x

1 comment:

fig said...

Who needs a Soap when your life is so incident packed?

What did yo think of Triffids overall? I was disapointed. I liked Eddie Izzard and the atmosphere of the piece but it was't a patch on the proper eerie 1980's BBC serial. The plants were were good, but - what is it wuth CGI? - it looks impressive and unreal at the same time.


Good luck with the phone. x x x