Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can't believe I'm doing this...

... and my mother will kill me since she isn't here (at lunch somewhere, natch). But I'm going to open the box live on air. OK, here I go - off to the bedroom first to retrieve aforesaid mysterious box. Right I have the box in front of me. Bugger. There's selotape so I'm going to need some scissors (luckily due to aforesaid painful wounds I am unable to run). Got scissors. Having a little trouble with the packaging - a good sign as clearly not already been robbed by the postman (strange considering I have a Hulme postcode). Box now open and there are.... a card and multiple presents ladies and gentlemen. All wrapped in precious metal(lic) papers.... Card is lovely and wishes me a Happy Christmas and a speedy recovery and - you're not going to believe this - there appear to be precious stones adorning the card. Certainly something is twinkling at me which just puts me in mind of the cheery twinkly smiles of the Ts and the spotty dog.

Now for the presents, smallest first (there are two before you start worrying you'll give over the rest of your life to this narration)... it's a... "When I grow up I want to be a notorious homosexual" coffee mug mat. That did indeed bring a smile to my face (I'm still smiling as I type this) but is, of course, rather presumptuous. Whoever said I want to grow up? And just to add to the pedophiliac associations of homosexuality there's a picture of a young boy on the mat (albeit he is wearing clothes).

Present number two.... also in precious paper.... I bet you're feeling all the excitement out there in blog-land aren't you dear readers? Ow. It hurts when I laugh. This time its a bauble. A pink bauble. With a crown on it. And the words glitter queen written in your actual glitter. Its uncanny. Anyone would think this woman knows me.

Thank you dear Ts, you did indeed bring a smile to my face and a shot of pain to my wounds. And who could ask for anymore than that? I shall hang my bauble immediately. It will, indeed, be the only decoration I have this year (doctor's said I'm not to stretch).

That's all. J x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well how lovely lets hope you live up to the aspirations of your coffee mug ...what wondeful friends ..you must have done something good...

love to you bebs ..heal

Unknown said...

Well....smiles are infectious...pleased that you were amused....more amusing was the sight of Mr T distancing himself from me as I purchased the coaster...no chance of him escaping...I called him over to the counter on a pretence of showing him something else and then explained to the young assistant that although he was amused by the present he was also embarrassed at me buying it...to be fair he thought you might not appreciate it...as if! Laughs all round and Mr T got over his temporary embarassment.

Sorry about the pain but surely the smile must have had some analgesic properties.

Good luck for tomorrow. Rest & recuperate.

Love u lots

The T's xxxxx

Jonathan said...

Coaster! That was the bloody word. Couldn't for the life of me think of it in all the excitement of opening the box and came up with the rather lame "coffee mug mat" instead. Bloody coaster...

fig said...

Gosh its been like an espisode of 'Deal or No Deal' - except with proper excitments,

fig said...

Gosh its been like an espisode of 'Deal or No Deal' - except with proper excitments,

fig said...

My post appears twice - how odd