Friday, December 18, 2009

Tram-Alam-A-Ding-Dong-Drugs

Those lovely lovely people at the GP place have now given me tramadol. Apparently its so good its addictive and puts you in a coma. Sounds like my type of drug....

Had a really bad day today. Was crying with the pain this morning - mainly, it has to be said, because I cocked up my drug taking schedule and had to endure a drug free window to get me back on schedule. The addition of tramodol to my pharmacopeia (who knew it was spelt like that?) means this shouldn't occur again. Hooray. Plus, presumably, the pain levels start to go down at some point.

Nurse said my wounds were looking good and removed most of the dressings. Pain feels mostly internal now anyway and the nurse prodded my stomach and said that it felt "hard" because of the internal bruising. I asked her about the 5 sit-ups a month I do but she thought this unlikely to be a contributory factor. She also advised me to stop paying my gym subscription but I told her I wasn't ready to let myself go completely to seed just yet.

So we have decided to set off on our journey back in time, sorry I mean to Swansea, tomorrow. This has resulted in me slaving over a hot pile of Xmas cards this evening until my fingers bled (nasty things paper cuts). And that rounds me off. Jack all on telly apart from cricket which the Ageds are transfixed by. Still the weather looks nice down there. Heres hoping we don't get stranded in a snow drift somewhere on the M6 when I will be the first to get eaten on account of my flesh now being addictive and putting you in a coma. That's all. Next blog probably from Swansea. J x

No comments: