Monday, August 07, 2006

Swansea Calling

Made it home safe & sound. Drove all the way and it took 3 and three quarter hours - a record. But then of course the Aged Ps did point out that I was speeding all the way. I blame the drugs. Suffered for it the rest of yesterday as I was completely knackered and my back gave me a bit of gyp (first time I've ever used that as a written word, I wonder what the provenance is - probably best not to ask!). Went to town this morning to stock up on some essentials I'd forgotten to bring and ran into someone with whom I used to work in the post office forever ago. She'd hardly changed at all - needless to say she didn't recognise me. Taking it easy this afternoon (cricket on the telly...) and off to a botanical garden tomorrow morning. Will post again soon now that I've mastered dial up internet access! J x

P.S. While I remember -

1. Sarah W - sorry, I know I forgot to send you a birthday card (happy birthday for the 5th) and I haven't got my address book so I'll send you a v v belated one upon my return to Manchester.

2. Kathryn and Andrew - have forgotten my address/phone book (see above) and so I can't ring you to get together. Not sure if you have the Aged P phone number (01792 299104) so please phone and we'll sort something out. Hilary is coming round Thursday night (and your parents are to be invited I believe) but if that's not convenient just give me a bell. It would be great to see you.

3. Everyone else. I love you dearly.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi Jonathon,
Have hugely enjoyed the god debate....Having been brought up a catholic, I'm firmly on the side of the non-believers. But it's
been interesting and lively! I am happily settled and fulfilled as a humanist and therefore I think of you often,fondly and positively and am in constant admiration of your indomnitable spirit and humour.
Also enjoyed Fig's report on Brighton pride. I came over ever so slightly wistful at the mention of the cababret tent....."aaahh memeories". (Fig if you read this; did Ricky Royale make an appearance? Hope so, tradition is so important!!)
And Jonathon, thinking of Katrina & the Boy days...I spoke to Ian the other week and he sends his love, I will try and remember to pass on this blog address to him next time we talk |(Ian and I are due a get together for large amounts of drinking and raucous singing of Little Devil in his front room soon!).
Hope you have restful and restorative time in Wales in the bosom of your family (oooh that's a bit rude...I said bosom!!).
Big big love and gloriousness
Katrina xxxxx

Darth Vader said...

Hope you have a good break J - let the aged Ps do what aged Ps are good at - and thats look after you! Despite reaching the grand old age of 35 I still reap the benefits of this - upon telling my mother I plan my annual pilgrimage to Scarborough this weekend for the traditional beach front / chip eating / amusement arcade visiting kitsch-fest she promptly presented me with 3 money bags of silver coins for the machines!!! What would we do without them?

Enjoy and come back to us safe and sound, rested and glowing!
x

fig said...

Lovely Katrina - though I missed it I am led to believe that La Royale did indeed make an appearance in the Cabaret Tent. Apparently introduced with reference to his age rather than longevity or talent, he proceeded to 'entertain' the assembled throng with a warble. Don't know what he sang, but I'd guess it was either 'Smoke Gets In My Eyes' or 'I Am What I Am.

fig said...

Lulu - check your e-mail. I have WICKED news for you...