Friday, August 04, 2006

Here's A Thought

Denise has loaned me a book written by a woman who survived cancer "against all the odds" and the book is about her fight. Having read the first couple of chapters and not yet having got into all the vitamin regimes etc it appears that she owes her survival principally to "the power of prayer". On these grounds alone there seems little point in me reading on but a question occurred to me. A lot of people who have talked to me or contributed to the blog or sent cards (including one ordained minister - thank you again Roger) have told me that I will be included in their prayers. If I personally don't believe in a God are all those prayers wasted? Is God likley to want to save an unbeliever? Discuss. J x

6 comments:

newcastlewench said...

If god is real then of course the prayers are not wasted. Isn't the whole point that god is inconveniently real and annoyingly persistent, whether you want him to be or not? Or have I missed something from those two Cliff Richard concerts? (Ok I was young, I didn't know what I was doing, someone else paid for the tickets, he was in the charts, I was only going along with everyone else).

sassynklassy said...

If He is real, He has His head so far up His butt, He cant see daylight...I send good thoughts and wishes, not prayers...
They NEVER work!!!
Not exactly sure what type cancer you are battling, but my uncle had throat cancer, and is now eating, tasting and enjoying food...WOOHOO!!!
Hang in there!!!

Jonathan said...

Hello Lou, welcome back. You've been away too long. And yes, its throat cancer. J x

sassynklassy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sassynklassy said...

Aw gee, thanks. I still peek in to check on you, and being from the states, sometimes have a little problem understanding the lingo...lol
I can figure out you have a great attitude along with a good sense of humor.My uncle has been cancer free for 18 months now. He went through hell, so when you explain your mouth gookies, I know what you mean. He did put on some weight once he started eating again. His only problem now, and compared to the alternative, really isnt a problem, is just keeping the saliva coming...otherwise he is one happy and grateful man...
I sent good thoughts and wishes his way too!!! :::winkwink::::

sassynklassy said...

I am sorry if some of you found my comments "unnecessarily rude". Born and raised a Catholic, I did my share of praying, keeping the faith and believing He was watching over me. In my later years, I lost two people very very close to me, I prayed like crazy, hoping for a small sign that He heard me. It went unnoticed...Therefore, now I send good thoughts, and warm wishes...You do your thing and I will do mine:)