Thursday, December 19, 2013

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream....

Slept relatively well last night. About 6 hours.  No idea why. Perhaps just being back in my own bed? Have only been managing 2 or 3 hours at any one time in Swansea before the pain wakes me up.  I need stronger painkillers and treatment.  Anyway, no point worrying about that now, will discuss with Yvonne tomorrow.

Dad seems to be doing OK at the moment all things considered. But it's really hard for him. I'm really proud of him and the way he's talking about getting on with his life.  I think he needs a dog and that the dog should be a miniature Schnauzer (he and Mum looked after Sally's miniature Schnauzer, Daisy, after she died and they're such a lovely breed). Would keep him fit and give him companionship.

Looking forward to an extended stay in Swansea over Xmas and New Year. Will give both of us an opportunity to remember and talk about Mum and also to consider the year ahead and plan for the future.  Will be back in Manchester on 02/01/14. 

In the meantime, seeing the lovely Ms Boyd for lunch today, writing and posting my Xmas cards, dropping off my dry cleaning, and generally being busy.  Same tomorrow with visit to Bents, oncologist and hairdresser. Lesley's birthday on Saturday plus royal visit from her highness The T and then cinema on Sunday (The Hobbit) and Monday (Gravity). I'll be glad of the rest in Swnsea :-). That's all J x

No comments: