Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Catching Up At Xmas

So had a very bad night post-cinema on the eve of Xmas eve.  Was up during the night being very sick and feeling somewhat out of it.  Not a good sign.  There was a half drunk martini on the coffee table but I have no recollection of how much I'd had to drink following my trip to the cinema.  I can't think it was that much but clearly it was over the limit for my new drug regime so I need to be more careful (for which read sensible) going forward.  To be honest it felt like I'd had food poisoning but given that I'd only eaten a tin of baked beans with some frozen chips this seems highly unlikely.  Will discuss with Dr Y when I see her on 07/01 anyway just in case it's significant.

The consequence of this was that I overslept on Xmas eve and didn't wake up until 0930. Given that I normally set off for Swansea around 1000 and I hadn't packed yet we clearly had a problem Houston.  Anyway, managed to get everything (almost) together by 1100 and so set off then.  Unfortunately had forgotten one of my painkillers and my laxatives.  The latter is easily solved either by reference to my parents' extensive pharmacopeia or by over the counter remedies.  The former is a bit more problematic in that I'd need a prescription and the person who has access to my flat in Manchester and could post the damn things to me is half way round the world in Australia.  Anyway, have coped so far and have decided to carry on coping as long as I can before having to make contingency plans/journeys. 

Otherwise the journey to Swansea was uneventful. A couple of sharp showers and a bit windy but good otherwise (i.e. no lorries). Got home at a reasonable time and put up the tree lights which worked magnificently and have continued to work.


Xmas Day itself was a success logistically.  Lunch went very well (one incinerated Xmas pudding aside) and the day panned out as well as we could have hoped for.  Hopefully things will continue to go well.  Fingers crossed.  And I'm off to bed now. DDD is en route to test number 4. Let's all wish her luck with that... :-) J x

No comments: