Tuesday, November 12, 2013

So I'm in Swansea...

...and mother is back on Ward 8.  She seems relatively content with the situation though and so am I.  When one has breathing difficulties, hospital is the best place to be.  They're giving her oramorph for the pain and I expect they'll fit a drain tomorrow.  She's so brave and lovely.  

Father is exhausted from today and so I've sent him to bed early.  He'll be fine tomorrow after a good night's sleep. 

Not decided how long I'll stay down.  Original plan was to come back at weekend but I'm wondering whether I need to stay for the oncologist's clinic on Monday.  Let's see what happens this week.

Have spoken to Denise.  All seems tickety boo over there.  She's staying at Dawson's Ceek or some such and apparently it's very pretty.  Good for her.  

Also exchanged loads of hysterically funny (mine, not his) texts with Fig tonight.  He was watching Dr Who (yawn - not even a new one) and I was watching a programme about just how many gay people are involved with staging Charlie & The Chocolate Factory. It's almost likes it compulsory (apart from Sam of course). I so need to see this show.  And Matilda.  And The Book of Mormon.  And possibly Satyagraha (given that I've had to give up the Magic Flute to be in Swansea - The Queen of the Night is in a wheelchair apparently - would have loved to see that). I loved S last time I saw it - with my uncle and aunt in London (he's now sadly deceased and my Aunty has had a stroke). I may just see if I can arrange that and then maybe rearrange my Mexican meal in Leicester Square too... Yay.  

That's all. J x

No comments: