Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Back In Manchester

Mum doing better at the moment although she still has the drain in :-)

Saw Dr Yvonne yesterday. The good news is that the radiotherapy was effective in shrinking the tumours on my back.  The less good news is that a number of new spots have appeared in my lungs.  However, they are so small that it means I don't need to start treatment yet.  Which is good news.  Given the cancer I have it was inevitable that these spots would appear and I'm lucky that it's taken this long for them to do so.  Although this means that I miss out on the current new trial at The Christie, there is another one opening up soon which I'll qualify for when I start treatment (expected to be after Christmas with any luck). 

I'm feeling fine in myself and the only pain I have at the moment is the usual lower back pain which I've had for years and control easily with regular painkillers.  I'm putting my morphine on eBay to make a bit of money.... :-). That's all. J x

No comments: