Thursday, November 21, 2013

Mother

So the drain has been removed and they've tried the talcum powder again. I think this is a good sign because it means that, currently, no more fluid is accumulating and they also feel she's strong enough to have the procedure. Hopefully it will work this time and she won't have to have a permanent drain fitted.  It also means that they must be happy that the infection has cleared up.  Mum says she's in some pain though but it was expected that the procedure would cause some discomfort. Hopefully she's getting plenty of painkillers.

And on the subject of pain, the pain in my back has ratcheded up a couple of notches. I've spoken to Yvonne and we've brought my clinic appointment forward by a week so I'll be seeing her next Tuesday.  In the meantime I'm back on the morphine to help cope.  The plan was for me to go home tomorrow and come back on Monday ready for clinic on the Tuesday but I'm not sure now whether I can make the journey.  I just drove to Sainsburys and that caused me quite a lot of discomfort so I'm not sure how I'd cope with 5 hours behind the wheel.  I'll talk to my Dad and make a decision tomorrow morning.

On a happier note I had coffee yesterday lunchtime with the lovely Sara and then post-work (for her) drinks with the lovely Lesley. It did get a bit drunken though - certainly on my part - even though we went for a meal at Piccolinos.  Hopefully I didn't disgrace myself.  I didn't drink too many martinis though (the definition of "too many" is, apparently, 20 according to my arbiter in these things, Ev). Certainly the alcohol helped with the pain and I was able to sleep.  In fact, providing I don't move too much the pain is manageable. It's when I try to do stuff that it hurts. Hopefully the morphine will help.

And that's all my news.  Have an appointment to have my hair cut at 1800 followed, I think, by a Skypeing session with down under.  J x

No comments: