Monday, May 13, 2013

Winter Is Coming

So, I'm back in the frozen North.  Of course I look like a stranger in a strange land on account of my tan and all. People keep coming up to me and offering to give me directions... :-)

Anyway, weather or no, it's always good to get back home after a holiday and sleep in your own bed.  My rest last night was ably assisted by the vast quantities of vodka I drank at Maggie's (Manchester Mum) birthday celebrations last night. Modesty prevents me telling you how old she is but she claims not to be old enough to be my mother... We went to The Olive Press where I had lasagne (again). But the crown for best lasagne in Manchester has now passed from Carluccio's. It was gorgeous. Took me ages to finish it (I eat really slowly now) but I did. And it was really good night with DD (natch), Ev, Maggie & Paul (Manchester Dad). Town was strangely quiet given the United stuff that happened yesterday.

Dental hygienist this morning at 1000 followed by washing, shopping and catching up on TV recordings.  All this whilst shivering under blankets... A busy week ahead involving lots of Macmillan and helpline events, a CT scan and tea with Bill & Jane.  Fab.  Welcome home me.  That's all for now.  J x

1 comment:

maggie said...

The United stuff that happened yesterday? That was history in the making, darling boy!