Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tram-A-Lang-A-Ding-Dong

So the trams in Amsterdam are still as fantastic and convenient as ever but still very quiet and therefore lethal. Pretty much like all those bastards on bikes...

Had a fab day today and bought some cheese and some mustard. Also walked round Amsterdam's premiere Department Store and assisted my mother with buying a Hugo Boss jacket. Father wasn't feeling too well (ate too many cheeses during the tasting) so it was just me and my Mum who went out for an Indonesian meal - 20 courses between us! This concept would work really well in Manchester (Michele : there's a business opportunity here I think).

Hortus Botannicis is quite difficult to find. Don't get the number 7 tram, take the 9 instead. It's worth the trek though.

I also bought a bag and some shoes today. Ready for my bed now. Night. J x


3 comments:

Lisavadersmith said...

We had the same problem last month with finding the gardens. Roadworks! Very good lunch at De Kas and if you are in need of coffee and cake as you wander around the red light area I thought de bakkerswinkel was great. Enjoy. We missed you at RG last night but all love the descriptions of what can only be described as "your shenanigans". X

NannyOggandGreebo said...

de bakkerswinkel? Really?

Jonathan said...

I wish I'd read this before I returned just so I could have had my photo taken outside de bakkerswinkel....