Thursday, January 03, 2008

All Over Now

So that was Christmas 2007... It was good for me, was it good for you? Nice to see the Aged Ps after about 6 months apart and there were no arguments (at least none that I was involved in!). Managed to take back my Xmas present on the day after Boxing Day and the replacement arrived today in the post! I think the DS Lite will prove to be a success in time. My mother's competitive streak should see to that. At least I'm sure they know how to work it.

Then it was back to Manc for New Year. DD of course had everything planned out. We went to a party at her friends Bryn & Michelle's house (lovely house too). Ev was there but everyone else was new. They seemed like a nice crowd too. Spent the night drinking Disco Vodka. Got home about 2ish (I think).

And now back to work. Which is OK. I quite like work (bizarre I know). Also went to the cinema last night. I'm Not There. The film about Bob Dylan. Very interesting (if half an hour too long). Cate Blanchett was fabulous and the cinematography was beautiful. Shame the usher decided to eat a really crunchy apple half way through and that people think its OK to check messages on their mobiles throughout the film.

Well, I'm sure you can all see the results of the Cranford jury. Although I understand that there may have been multiple voting by certain blog regulars - particularly in favour of the cow option. Shame on you all. I've no idea what the result of last year's competition was. I'm guessing that Jane won on account of copying and pasting half a book into the blog. That's all. J x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awh ..really?Christmas won't be Christmas without any presents. Awh ta mate I'm touched. You made me smile