Monday, January 21, 2008

This Morning Stockport...

...this evening Negresco. I like catching trains on business. Bizarre but true. I'm fairly sure I'd hate it if I had to do it on a regular basis but now and again its really enjoyable getting on a train with a load of other people wearing suits. Stockport was OK. Had a meeting for about an hour and a half and then back to Manchester. Rest of working day uneventful. Book group tonight. I hadn't read the book although listening to everyone talking I wish I had. The book was the Number 1 Lady Detective's Agency. May read it at some point in the future. 5 people turned up (Penny we missed you - hope Charlie is doing OK). The food at the restaurant was very nice according to everyone but the soup was a bit too chunky for me. And of course its a fabulous place. Rumours that we spent more time talking about John Barrowman than the book are completely without foundation... Home now. Oscar Wilde tomorrow - An Ideal Husband at the Royal Exchange with Jane & Bill. Haven't seen Bill for a while and I think he's finished his chemotherapy now so it'll be good to see how he's doing. That's all. J x

No comments: