Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hello Campers

I've had to reconfigure the blog so that I sign in through Google (or something like that, I'm not too sure) so I apologise if anyone has any problems accessing it from now on. Actually this might be a good point to discuss whether or not I keep up with the blog at all. As I'm sure you've all noticed I don't post as much as I used to and this is mainly because there isn't as much news as there used to be. Perhaps we should have a discussion about closing the blog down - the anniversery of it starting might be the appropriate moment.

Anyway, what have I been up to recently? Well I'll be back at work full time from Monday. This isn't because I particularly feel up to it but I really can't face filling out any more of the ridiculous forms that HR demand of me. I think the forms are one of their "incentives" to get people back on full time. That and paying people's annual leave at sick leave rates. Don't even get me started....

Went out for a meal last night. A HUGE step. Unfortunately it wasn't as successful as I'd hoped. I managed the starter (french onion soup) and the deseert (ice cream) but just couldn't manage the main course (penne arrabiata) because even though the kitchens had overcooked the pasta at my request it was just too big to swallow. The pasta I'm cooking myself at home is really tiny and even that causes me problems sometimes. I'm just going to have to find something with a lot of sauce so that I can at least manage the sauce if nothing else. The lasagne at Chez Gerrard looked like it might fit the bill. We'll see. Denise and I then went to Opus One for a drink before heading off home in the sub-zero temperatures.

During yesterday afternoon Denise and I had trawled round the Northern Quarter for books and curtains before a coffee at ILVA before Denise headed off for the match. Was supposed to be going for a walk with Denise this faternoon in Heaton Park but had an attack of dizziness and high temperature during the night and so don't want to take any chances today. It was exactly the same as the time before so I'll have to try and work out what's triggering it. Maybe its just if I try to do too much in one day. Will also mention it to Sean next time I see him just in case its anything significant. Can't see that my blood pressure (the dizziness) would be affected by cancer though...

Mrs T arriving next Friday for a couple of nights. We're off to The Vortex (with that lovely Will Young chap) after darts at Wayne's tournament (I'm expecting to be out first round as I was once beaten in a dart's match by someone who was registered blind). Before that I'm off to the cinema on Wednesday to see Notes on a Scandal with Jane & Bill which looks very good. Heard from Lizzy this week, she's just got a job as head of HR at The Dorchester in London so she'll be off to pastures new soon. I'll miss her.

So let me know whather you want me to keep up with this site albeit on a less frequent basis... J x

2 comments:

newcastlewench said...

J
As said on the phone - am torn. I don't want to condemn you to hours in front of the keyboard sullenly typing out of duty when you have far better things to do now that you're out and about and back in the world.
But purely selfishly, I would be so sad if the blog closed. Partly I like the feeling of being part of LewisLand with all these people who I've never met, like nannyogg & all the others. But also I would hate to go back to a work email every three months or whatever it was before. I like catching up on what's happening with you, the casual trivia of biscuits and pasta and films and shopping trips. That's my selfishly cast vote. But it's your decision hunnybunch.
xxx

fig said...

Hello,

I think you should stop blogging on the Anniversary of your Op, but keep the blog open for comments and chat so that we online luvvlies and communicate ut you dont' have to keep updating us ... unless there is big news or summit.

By the by, did you get the DVD I sent you?

fig x x