Thursday, February 22, 2007

Phew(ish)

Got to Christies at about 1000 and was seen straight away. Sean had a look at my eye and said that he could feel a "thickening" of the skin at the point of inflammation but that he didn't think it was anything to worry about. He is going to refer me to an opthalmologist (sp?) but he said more for my peace of mind than any concerns he has. He also said that he had never seen my type of cancer spread to the eye before. Charlotte and Frances (who were also there) also both said that they'd never seen my cancer spread to the eye before either (it was at this point that I burst into tears!). So I'm mightily relieved. I hadn't realised (up until I burst into tears) quite how tense I had been about the situation. I'm not celebrating yet - I'll do that when the eye doctor signs off on Sean's diagnosis but i will sleep a little easier from here on in. Thanks to everyone for the brilliant support and sympathy they've given me during this quite difficult week. J x

3 comments:

Darth Vader said...

I looked up (being the good librarian that I am) "thick eyelids" on the Internet and cane across this species of mammal...

Temminck's pangolins have small, pointed heads with small eyes that are protected by specialized thick eyelids. This species also has a specialized stomach for digesting food items that have not been chewed. It has five long claws on the end of each limb and the tail is prehensile.

Doesnt say whether they have a thing about wearing Prada but other than that it sounds suspiciously like some form of mutation to me, we could see you on X Men soon! I've always liked their black leather outfits and the cape....

marvellous news. hope you get that good nights sleep. I had one bad night recently and was so shattered the night after that I woke the following morning upside down at the bottom end of the bed with my head in a slipper. Wondered where the hell I was!

x

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Such very welcome news, dear heart. You must have been worried sick yet again.

Is Lisa calling you a pangolin? Hmm, I didn't think you had either a pointed head or small eyes, but the complicated stomach arrangement sounds familiar. Let's gloss over the claws/tail situation...

Never mind, you'll be able to thump her at next BG - will you be able to make it on 2 April, do you think? Should give you plenty of time to suss out some scintillating designer specs so that you can look intellectually sexy or sexily intellectual - take your pick.

Jonathan said...

Dear Readers, please will you all send your best wishes to Mrs (Nanny) Ogg as I understand she has been having health scares of her own. I trust she's feeling better (judging from her bright and breezy tone) but I shall get the definitive update tomorrow (I'm seeing her sister for coffee). Love you Mrs (N) O. Look after yourself. J x