Tuesday, June 04, 2013

It's All Good

Unless you're talking about the Star Trek film of course.  Which is all bad.

And Game of Thrones.  I've read the books.  I knew what was going to happen.  And I'm still shocked and traumatised.  That's how good GoT is...

Had Oxygen Clinic this morning.  My Sats are 97% which is good and my something or other that was 8.3 six months ago is now 10.3 which is virtually normal.  So the Oxygen Clinic people are telling me I can fly wherever I want.  They're not offering to pay obviously... So thinking about Istanbul in October. They're also going to take my oxygen machine away which I think is a positive thing.

Had lunch with DD at the Whitworth Gallery. We both had the meze which was delicious. Particularly the Egyptian beans. We then worked off lunch rearranging the terrace ready for the furniture varnishing and plant buying tomorrow. Which is, of course, followed by young Tober Morey's leaving do in Warrington.  I wonder if there will be speeches?

Tonight I'm off to the pictures with Gill again (don't even get me started on what she's been up to recently) to see Oblivion which Sara assures me is a good film.  It certainly has to be better than Star Trek.

Party count is: 20 acceptances and 10 I'm sorry I'm washing my hair that night. So that's replies in from about a third of the people invited... You do the maths. Could be quite busy :-) Good job there are two barmen this time.  There will even be a cocktail created especially for the occasion.  I'm thinking of calling it a Midsummer Elixir but am open to other suggestions... J x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Toby refused a leaving speech, not sure if I can knock one up between now and then.

Mr Allen said...

Can you blame him? Oh, and the new Star Trek is ace.

spotsrus said...

As it's not technically midsummer, what about : Druids Dram, Stonehenge Slammer,Juniper June......Soozie's Slurp... I'll stop now .... promise