Saturday, June 23, 2007

Not So Impressed

Rigoletto was a little ho hum. Not sure if it was the opera or the cast that were at fault though. One imagines that Verdi could write an OK tune (there's the "elephant's ear" song in Act III for example). But there didn't seem to be any others in this opera. But then I found the sopranos rather shrill. Acts II & III were definitely better than Act I though. Perhaps I should go and see it performed by a better company than Opera North. I'm sure it'd be fairly impressive at the ROH. I'll keep my eyes peeled. I've always wanted to go there anyway. Can one have too much culture (Miss Fig)? I don't think so. High brow, low brow, no brow. Bring it on I say.

Anyway it was fantastic to see Mrs T (even though she didn't like my new shirt...). And dropped her off in Bolton this morning ready for her 21st birthday barbecue tonight (not her 21st obviously!). Have had the call (from DD natch) and am off shopping this afternoon. There's a whole world of sales out there for us to explore... J x

No comments: