Sunday, October 22, 2006

Gormley? Where?

Got to Crosby only to find that the tide was in. Not a bleeding figure to be seen anywhere! We therefore diverted to Southport to have a look round the shops and a cup of coffee. When we got back to Crosby some 2 hours later the tide had gone out somewhat which allowed us to stroll along the beach (well, those of us not in heels strolled whereas those of us in heels had a rather harder time of it) and examine figure number 13 and figure number 9 in close up. I shall endeavour to post a photo of our intrepid troupe with figure number 13. It was also pouring with rain by this time. Still, all in all a good day out methinks. Fell asleep on the sofa upon my return immediately after taking painkillers. J x

6 comments:

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Well, you may remember I did tell you not to wear heels? And also I did tell you not to exercise with old ladies?
Nanny x

newcastlewench said...

I spent a drinking weekend in Southport a few years ago. On the Saturday afternoon we half-montied some bloke on the pavement outside the pub and smeared his upper torso with a very large quantity of marmite. He was particularly hirsute so it would have been a b*gger to get off, especially the stuff between his shoulder blades which we rubbed in aprticularly well. His wife obligingly held our handbags and took photos while we did it. I got the bad karma back though, as I wore false nails in those days and the marmite got underneath and I couldn't shift the smell for days. Ah happy days of my one and only trip to Southport.

Did the Crosby figures have winkles? Gormley used his own body for the Angel of the North but didn't include a winkle because he wanted it to be androgynous. But I get the feeling that Gormley will display the crown jewels if he feels the Art calls for it.

NannyOggandGreebo said...

No, but there were lots of barnacles....

newcastlewench said...

ooerr. Barnacles on yer bum can be quite distressing.

BTW I love your name. Granny Weatherwax is a bit of a cold fish, but I just adore Nanny Ogg. And Greebo too - reading the bit when he was humanised into the louche chap in black leather I felt quite hot n bothered. But Nanny Ogg as a role model is a definite YES. All together now: the hedgehog can never be.....

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Dear Rev
Sorry to hear about your friend. Must have been a tremendous shock for his family, and for you. There isn't really anything comforting to say.

Dear Newcastlewench
You and I are as one on the subject of the witches. Gytha is certainly a role model for me!

Dear Jonathan

Where are you, for goodness sake?

Nanny x

sassynklassy said...

Hey Jonathan...
Where the heck did you go???
My morning coffee isnt the same without you...
Hope all is well!!!

Lou