Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Busy Busy Busy

Another v busy day. Work from 0715 until 1145 (walked there and back) followed by a trip to the GP (walked there and back) to obtain letter allowing me to start back at work. The went to Cloud 23 with Denise. Cloud 23 is the new bar in the Hilton hotel at the bottom of Deansgate and boy is it spectacular. Located on the 23rd floor (hence the name) it has its own dedicated lift with just two buttons - 0 and 23. How cool is that? The bar itself is really sumptuous although DD complained about the furniture since it is possible for one to catch ones clothing on it (which she duly did!). But the really breathtaking part of it is the views over Manchester. Incredible- and it wasn't even a particularly clear day today. The really scary bit is a hole in the floor (covered in toughened glass) that allows you to look directly down to street level. Makes you dizzy just to look. The other thing that makes you dizzy is the prices. £2.50 for a fizzy water (me, of course) whilst DD's vodka and orange was £8.00! Not the sort of place one goes to every day therefore but certainly worth a trip for special occasions. Work and (more) physio tomorrow and then off to Brighton on Friday. I'll be glad of the rest! J x

1 comment:

Darth Vader said...

Ooo Jean and Alison and I went there last night too! I suspect later than you as we watched dusk, sunset and then the lights! I loved it as well. The view was spectacular and gave a very unusual perspective on to the city. There was alot of skipping over the hole in the floor and tentative standing on it ... not for too long.

I didnt think the prices were outrageous in that my cocktail (gin, pomegranate and lychee liqueur which was fab) was £8 whereas its £8.50 in the Radisson just for a gin but it was usual high prices just for the privilege of being in the city.

Think I left my new knitted beret attached to the "wire egg basket" chair so I would agree on the seating.

Have heard that the admittance policy is going to be strict so obviously they were starting off easy if they let us lot in in their first week.

Take it easy J - enjoy Brighton.
x