Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yippee

Saw Indu first at Christies. She's lovely. I'm not sure of her status - registrar, junior doc etc but she always seemed to be on the ward when I was there and has always been really helpful and aware of a patient's needs. Anyway, she felt my neck, examined my mouth and, from nowhere, produced a tube to stick up my nose and down my throat (I'm thinking of having one of these fitted permanently). She professed herself very happy with everything she observed and said I looked fantastic (which I do - I was all in black and looking like a size zero). Young Sean bobbed in and had a chat. He thinks I may be able to have implants to replace my back teeth but he wasn't sure. They'll arrange for me to see the Christies dentist. Sean seemed very happy with everything too. Then Debbie and Charlotte (who is the new Caroline) popped in. Debbie was the one who was supposed to be getting me some gel for my scarring. She said she thought Caroline had given me the gel... I asked if she knew Caroline which was the only comment I needed to make! She's going to see if we can source it through Christies (apparently it costs £50 per tube!).

The really good news is that everyone is happy for me to start work (slowly) so its confirmed that I'll be in 3 mornings a week from next Tuesday (bunting not required although big hugs would be nice). Off to Birmingham tomorrow with Gill for the Grand Designs show at the NEC. Looking forward to that. And that's about all. Toodle pip. j x

2 comments:

fig said...

Anti-scarring cream? The Future Is Here!

Well,that is very good news about returning to work. I think you may be right about the bunting, it's so fifties, mind you I've always fancied a ticker tape parade. It's just the sort of thing that we really don't do enough in this country.

Katrina said...

Jonathon,
What a fantastically uplifting and cheering read your latest post is! I'm so selighted for you.
Just a suggestion though....don't be dismissive of the bunting. If I were you would definitley want bunting. Bunting rules. Bunting is always a good thing. The more bunting the better. (Oh dear...I seem to have discovered a hitherto unknown obsession, I worry bout me sometimes I really do).
Lots of love and everything,
Katrina xxxxxx