Friday, October 20, 2006

My Physiotherapy Hell

Actually, it wasn't that bad although it was quite tough. We (me and various old ladies) had to do a circuit of 10 different exercises at a level between one and four (depending on your own fitness) doing one minute on each exercise. We had to do the circuit twice so that was 20 minutes of exercise not counting the warm up and warm down. I was OK on the exercises that involved my legs (all that walking has clearly helped) but I was hopeless when it came to the upper body exercises - particularly those involving my right shoulder. Clearly quite a bit of work needed there. The physiotherapists were very nice and helpful though (as were the old ladies).

Had some ice cream last night but it tatsted of nothing although I did, on the whole, manage to swallow it OK. Will try some soup tonight.

Saw Mrs T this week (she's fine - we're off to Crosby on Sunday to see the Gormley statues before they're shipped to New York). Spoke to Denise tonight who is just back from another holiday (in Italy). She had a nice time and the weather was good. Got Sky calling round tomorrow to convert me from AOL to their broadband although I think I may still keep the same e-mail address. I'll let you know.

Have a good weekend everybody. J x P.S. Think I'll do 4 mornings nest week and see how I cope with that. P.P.S. Would like to thank Fig for the gift of a book - To The Devil - A Diva. Sounds intriguing. Lets hope it lives up to Cowboys... J x

2 comments:

fig said...

I just love the idea of you and some old biddies doing circuit training ... 'one, two three, stretch, one, two, three, mini can of baked beans.'

You are going to be SO fit. What with your new slimfit look and imminent muscles and fitness - grrrr - tiger - you are going to be so popular down Canal Street next summer.

NannyOggandGreebo said...

You should be used to exercising with old ladies by now...