Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Swansea Was Good

Travelled down on the Friday and just stayed in the garden chatting to the Aged Ps followed by a delicious home-cooked meal (including soup).. The following day we went to a watercolour exhibition at Swansea University (I'm getting one of them as a xmas present). This was followed by a trip to Cefn Bryn and Gower lots of fresh air and sunshine (probably a little too much for me if truth be told). In the evening we went to one of my parents' favourite restaurants in Mumbles (very nice) and then DD and I went for a drink (probably a mistake - Mumbles isn't what I remember). Taxi home.

Sunday was a trip to the National Botanic Gardens (hooray) which were lovely as always. Meal in Sunday night accompanied by margarine that was somewhat out of date (4 years! - see below re vomiting).

Monday back up to Manchester. Uneventful trip. Arrived home and got on with the washing. Started to feel a little ill and so went to bed. Lasted about 3 hours before I started throwing up and that lasted for most of the night. My stomach really hurt and I managed to convince myself that I had appendicitis but the pain never changed from dull to sharp so it couldn't have been. Also (today) checked the swine flu symptoms and whilst I do have a slightly elevated temperature I don't have 2 other symptoms so that's OK. Just the dodgy margarine then. So I'm off to bed now and, fingers crossed, will be fit for my Team meeting tomorrow. That's all. J x

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

How on earth is it possible to eat margarine (that's a crime in itself) that's FOUR years out of date? You've put me off having a coffee at your parents in future - I will now be cruelly forced to solely drink alcohol.

fig said...

I agree with Kathryn. FOUR YEARS! How is that possible? Your poor Mother must be scrubbing her cupboards in shame!

(Hello Janet x x )