Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bedlam

So they've moved me to what they call a "general ward". I think "lunatic asylum is a more apt description. I've been here 2 hours and we've already had the 86 year old who has refused to be hooked up to a saline drip because he didn't want to be a "guinea pig" in the nurses "fucking experiments". The nurse, bless her, said that she'd never liked guinea pigs or hamsters which sort of defused the situation. And then because I was e-mailing about this some other octogenarian accused me of taking photos of Mr Shouty. Bloody photos. As if. Perhaps he thinks I'm a secret undercover journalist or some sort of pervert... Aaaah, I see his point now!

Anyway I've just had paracetomol and morphine which will hopefully get me through the night. Wish me luck. J x

No comments: