Monday, September 21, 2009

Starving

Have been nil by mouth all bloody day from 0600. Just had my first Ensure Plus half an hour ago. It's never tasted so good... No doubt today will contribute to my net weight loss. Had the endoscopy today. Can't remember a thing. Probably just as well since I understand it can be quite traumatic. My confidence was not boosted by the fact that the mouth guard I needed to wear wouldn't fit in my mouth. Apparently radiotherapy also affects the extent to which you can open your mouth wide (it tightens all your skin). The enoscopist (just guessing) had to take a scalpel and cut through the barrell of a large plastic syringe and improvise from there. After that the sedative was added intravenously and I remember nothing else. I'll update you all once I've seen the doctors tomorrow morning. That's all. J x

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hope you are managing to get some sleep tonight, and feeling fashionably gaunt. will be thinking about you and looking forward to hearing what marvels were found today.

fig said...

'Thin and gorgeous.'

Could you bear a visitation from the south, or am I better waiting till you are back at home and bolstered by cushions, parents and vodka based comforts?

figgy x x

Jonathan said...

Thanks Figgy, that's really sweet. Not a lot of point visiting when I'm unwell. Save it for when I'm better and we'll have more fun... J x