Saturday, February 28, 2009

Well

Dr Atomic was interesting. Not a single tune you could hum though. But the staging was fantastic, the singers were good (and made the best of the material they'd been given) and the story itself was interesting. But I really wouldn't recommend it. Act 1 just about passed muster (hence I stayed for Act 2). But Act 2. Bugger only knows what most of it was about. Mrs Oppenheimer appeared to have completely lost her mind and was just ranting about anything that came into her head (at least that's how it appeared). Mr Oppenheimer wandered round the stage quoting from the Bhagavad Gita (it says in my programme). No, me either. And then a whole tribe of native americans turns up and sings some stuff and wears antlers. I kid you not. Anyway, high point of the evening was my first vodka martini since New Years Eve. There was no falling over. Twelfth Night tomorrow and the possibility of the Saatchi Gallery. That's all. J x

No comments: