Monday, February 18, 2008

Latest Update

So, where were we? Refurb stuff getting me down a bit but the gallant Ms Drury has been addressing this with me by making me go out and get absolutely smashed on vodka martinis. Well, we got a little tipsy on Saturday evening. Well, at least I did. She was on red wine which, as anyone who knows her knows, is like mother's milk to her. Anyway, we've booked to go and see Joseph on my birthday (05/09 for anyone contemplating sending a card). This will be our first time away together. Will we survive? And how many VMs will it take? Watch this space.

Was at the Lesbian and Gay Foundation most of Saturday daytime for an Induction Day. It was really good and interesting and the people there were lovely. Think I made a couple of new friends. Got the gay book group meeting on Wednesday. It'll be interesting to see who turns up.

Sunday was spent packing and finding out how much off site storage costs (a fortune). Have decided therefore to squash everything into one room and move it around as required by the builders, plumbers, electricians etc. Although obviously can't do this for the first 2 weeks as will be away.

And talking of being away, have managed to plan things to do in London. Am going to the V&A (glass exhibition and fashion exhibition and to buy the "love" mirror I saw in the shop last time I was there), the Wellcome Collection (an exhibition on Sleeping & Dreaming that sounds really interesting from the website), New Bond Street (natch), Saturday night have booked for the ENO (Lucia de Lammemour which has just had the most fantastic write up in the Times) Friday night will either be meeting up with my friend Sarah or getting drunk on Old Compton Street or both. Um and loads of other stuff too!

And on top of that Ma & Pa are planning a few days away in Cornwall when I'm with them although that will depend on the old man being well enough (he may be coming down with a cold). So I haven't even got time to worry about the refurb and how all that will be left of my block when I return is a pile of bricks...! That's all. J x

No comments: