Friday, February 29, 2008

Hurrah, Gardeners World

Its back at last. Having spent the day frantically shopping the arse off New Bond Street what could be better than settling back in your hotel bedroom and watching Monty Don and the gang? (I still miss Alan of course). The alternative was late night gallerying at at the Royal Academy but frankly I'm shattered (not helped by being hungover this morning following drinks at The Grosvenor with Ms Hill where, over a VM or three, we put the world and our relationships to rights).

Ms Drury has not made it this far south so don't have to turn out and keep her in the alcohol to which she's become accustomed (thank the lord). Talking of traveling south, what news from Marrakech Ms Murray?

Will have to see if I can fit in 2 galleries tomorrow as am seeing Ms Benson on Sunday - and its impossible (as I'm sure everyone knows) to do 2 galleries and have a good gossip all in one day. Opera at ENO tomorrow night though which I'm looking forward to despite the fact that my aunt thinks I'm as mad as Lucia herself to have booked it!

Bank is playing silly buggers with my payment to the builder. They returned my cheque as unpaid despite there being oodles of money in the account. Ad no-one there can tell me why they did it. Now have to arrange a CHAPs payment which will take up valuable tourist time tomorrow or Monday. Hey ho, these things are sent to try us. That's all. J x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marrakech marvellous in that have never seen anything like it see one day in Marrakech on you tube for excellent video of the djemma el fna. Apparently Robert plant filmed No Quarter vid here but cannot find that.

Riad perfect haven from hassle on streets. Cyrus (the rather excellent Iranian manager) awaits you and I have viewed and approved the red room ...perfect darling. Oh and you'll like this ..it is to be featured in House and Garden in May apparently. Also had trip out to richard branson's place in perfect isolation in spectacular location with back drop of Atas Mountains adjacent to deep gorge with berber women washing clothes in river, infinity pool and beautiful fittings.

Jonathan said...

Must have coffee when I'm back in work so that we can catch up sweetie... J x