Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good News Good News Good News

The scan was clear. I was so relieved. And bless him Sean told me the scan was clear before he'd even said hello. This is such a weight off my shoulders. I don't think I should type anything else now but I know what a group you are for minutiae so I suppose I ought to expand on the rest of the meeting for you. The lovely lovely Debbie was there briefly. Has she coloured her hair a different colour? Hard to tell but I though I detected a subtle lightening of tone. Suits her. Frances was there too wanting to put the tube up my nose and down my throat (that woman is obsessed) but we agreed that we'd do it at my next consultation with her when she'll be able to record it. I think she's making a series. I expect to see my inner workings on You Tube any day now. Sean enquired after my weight and for those of you interested I am currently stable and fluctuating between 11 10 and 12 1. This is what Sean weighs apparently which makes him overweight on the BMI scale (he's a tiny bit shorter than me). Just the odd foot or 2! But his hips are bigger than his waistline so that's OK. Apparently. According to the TV it means you're a rower or something. Whilst in Portugal I will have to be aware of the sun (Ha!) but I don't have to avoid it altogether which is good news (should there be any sun). And that's all folks. But I'm sure you'll agree a momentous day. Oh and I also got some vouchers through the post - money off at Livebait (that's the Aged Ps happy) and money off Chez Gerrard (that's the book group happy because we're meeting there on Monday). TTFN. J x

6 comments:

Emma (DBR's old lackie) said...

Dear J
You have made me cry again!!!!. When I met you just before Xmas (just by chance) outside Essy's you had had the same effect on me cos you looked so fab....well bugger me this is even better!! (Ha Ha)Tonight, I have read every single blog message post since the you started this web site...it has taken me hours. However I have come to the conclusions that
1) you are a tough cookie 2) your friends love you loads 3) we all kind of pray in some kind of way cos it helps make sense of a shit situations 4) Fig is fab and very funny (the revenue is not and glad I got away)5)you were always a stubborn and whitty bastard which has got you through this 6) once again when I should be getting on with a vital report your energy, support and commitment to all has stopped me doing what I should be doing (as my last input was in Aug last year when I should have been writing my MSc dissertation).
Anyway I think that you and all that have contributed to this blog are worth it (whats an extension of a day or two!!!!) compared to seeing what a friend and work mates have been through ....tough cookie, fighter, great bloke and now has got the MRI tee-shirts etc (like me).....no-one would know that you have been through if they met you in the street as you have done so much to keep normal. Fabulous!!!!!! I would like to say how fab all your friends and mum and dad have been also. Hope your mum can now jump for joy!!!!!
Love and best wishes Emmaxxxxxxx

Emma (DBR's old lackie) said...

PS I managed to drink a bottle of the red stuff while reading everything before I posted my comment....sorry if I have gone on a bit ....you would not think that I was lost for words would you!!Emmax

Katrina said...

My dear Jonathon,
Bona, bona, bona news heartface!
Now kick those lallies in joy and troll off to Portugal for a bijouette vacaciona!
All love and EVERYTHING,
Katrina xxxxx

newcastlewench said...

Jubilation expressed elsewhere, but a discreet 'gerrin' may escape me.

So looking forward to seeing YourTubes on YouTube (you Gucci-Gullet you).

Mwah!!

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Another occasion for celebration and libation! What a sweetie Young Sean must be (even if a trifle overweight - it worries me that I am the same weight as you and him but am only 5ft tall - oh, alright, 4'11" - Does that mean I should go on You Tube and have my innards cinched in with a lackie band?) Anyway, he seems to be a very caring person and what a stressful life it must be, doing such long drawn out and mind-boggling surgery, and then being a rock to your patients.

You could certainly write a few episodes for Grey's Anatomy these days, love, but I don't expect Young Sean is as handsome as Dr McDreamy.

The Aged Ps must be overjoyed at the news. Hope you all have a wonderful time in Portugal - just chill out and enjoy the liquid refreshments.

Much love
Nanny x
PS See you Monday

fig said...

Hooray! And Ballyhoo

That is the bestest bestest BESTEST news.

I am going to formally raise several glasses to you over this Easter weekend.

Apologies for not posting recently. The Blogger People made me change my name and password and I forgot it immediatley. Lord knows what name this will be posted under.

Oh ... it's me Fig, incase it says 'fabbuns.org.net98' or something awful.

Anyway. Happy Easter and

hahahahahahahahaha
miss gulch