Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Good Golly Miss Dolly

Well Ms Parton was OK. I think she was let down by the venue by which I mean that I don't think large arenas were built for country & western music. Big arenas are for shows like Kylie or Take That where they're full of screaming pre-pubesence or at least filled by a spectacular light show. Country and western is actually about listening to the music. And its a bit harder to do that in a very large venue. The place was packed out though. Who knew she had so many fans? Went for pre-show cocktails in Harvey Nicks with Jane first. They had the Dolce & Gabbana spring/summer menswear show on continuous loop on the DVD player so there was something pretty to look at whilst downing my espresso martini. In fact we enjoyed Messrs D & G so much that we ate there as well. I had broccoli and stilton soup followed by black treacle, cinnamon and calvados ice cream (three separate flavours rather than all in one). Jane had chicken a la king followed by some sort of rhubarb. All very tasty. And the toilets in HN are fab too. You really must go. After that to Zinc for a drink and to meet Cath followed by the concert. Had to have a medical before they'd let me past the doors with my bottle of water (yes, really). After Ms Parton met up with Gordon & Lizzie for a drink in Label (how appropriate given that I was wearing so many of them) and then home by 11.30.

Scan this morning - not as bad as I was expecting. Having your head bolted to a table for radiotherapy treatment every day for 6 weeks means that half an hour/40 minutes in an MRI scanner isn't quite as scary as you remember it. I'll get the results next Thursday when I see Sean. Also have to see my GP next Thursday as he needs to review my drugs habit - he better not be thinking of making me go cold turkey (which I understand is one of UKIP's main policies) or there'll be trouble. Night night everyone. J x

1 comment:

newcastlewench said...

Not sure if I should declare an interest here, as I will sink forever in your estimation. But my brother stood as a parliamentary candidate for UKIP in the 97 election and managed to get over 300 votes. But then, he and my mother used to believe what they read in the Daily Mail so perhaps something like that was inevitable. But he's no longer mixed up with them. He's the one that dropped out of university to follow his childhood ambition and become a lorry driver. Very colourful character. But as he no longer has sway within UKIP let's hope they don't stage some sort of coup and take over the country before you manage to get all those lovely drugs from your GP. Are any of them pink, or are they all boring white or yellow? (If they are blue and kind of triangular, then that would explain your stiff neck.. lol).

Love the description of the food, it brought a tinge of the exotic into my junkfood lifestyle. More! More!

J xx
(Ps - Nanny - commiserations on the possessed spindles. My mixer tap now works like new, though the family would rather have kept the faulty tap than live with me being SOOO smug about mending it).