Friday, March 16, 2007

Update

Didn't have MRI as machine was broken. They claimed they tried to contact me before I drove all the way down there and paid my £1.50 for parking but there was nothing on my machine... Now got MRI scan on Wednesday (day after Dolly).

Saw eye doctor today and they don't think I have cancer in my eye (whoopee). Instead they think I have eyelash dandruff (there is a technical term but the leaflet is in the front room and I really can't be doing with walking all the way there to get it so eyelash dandruff will have to do for now). Anyway, this ED can clog your pores and cause a "sty-like" infection which is what they think has happened to me. I'm now armed with a cream and cotton buds which should clear it all up pronto (whoopee again).

Nothing planned for weekend at the moment so will enjoy myself at gym and cinema unless something else comes up. Also need to do some cleaning though (boo). Hope everyone out there in cyberland has a good time (Jane, don't forget to decide on which shows you want to see). J x

3 comments:

newcastlewench said...

We commoners have dandruff on our heads - you have to go better and have delicate dandruff in elegant places.
The b*stards have cancelled my night-school plumbing course! How dare they! But am so fired up after a mere 3 hours of it that am going to turn the water off tomorrow and dismember the mixer taps on the bath, as i think the problem is with the spindle sticking. And while the water's off I might as well try and sort out the pop-up waste on the bathroom sink which isn't as trim as it could be. Am hugely looking forward to the challenge :o))) So that will cast a long shadow over the whole weekend - Sunday will be spent either glorying in my plumbing triumphs or washing up in a bucket waiting for an emergency plumber. Might go get myself a blowlamp to play with, too.

NannyOggandGreebo said...

Eyelash dandruff? Sounds like scurvy to me - you'd better up your intake of limes immediately. Well, thank God it isn't anything worse, my dear.

How is Mama Lewis? Is she recovering well? And Papa Lewis - is he, too, well?

Oh you poor thing, Newcastlewench, having your plumbing class cancelled. here in Manchester, your adult education classes get cut if it doesn't result in a job so obviously anything arty or literate is axed immediately (note the bitterness of this little tirade). But plumbing could be a very lucrative career change; they're like gold-dust.

I'm sure you're not the only person having trouble with a sticking spindle; my taps simply twirl around in their housings like some demonic manifestation. Still, it all adds a certain charm to the bathroom, don't you think?
Nanny x

Darth Vader said...

hope today goes well J. Know they are not nice. My Dad had review one a couple of weeks ago as he has a growth on his pituitary gland which although isnt nice isnt quite as bad as it could be and the review went well. Have to say I cant take it quite as seriously since he told me that in sorting out his travel insurance for a forthcoming trip to Las Vegas with this daughter, he had to tell the woman on the other end of the phone about existing problems. He told her he had a growth on his petunia gland...