Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christies visit

Saw Young Sean this morning. Also saw the lovely lovely Debbie (albeit briefly). News from the antipodes is that Caroline has arrived safely but has yet to build her house. No-one seemed to know whether or not she was watching the cricket. YS said that everything was fine and nothing to worry about. He thanked me for the Xmas hamper and said that no other patient had sent him a gift like this in the past. What is wrong with these people? YS and his team save lives. Perhaps I should have done a present to the team? I'm sure he shared it with them anyway... Also saw Mr (Dr?) Ho and his indecently tight trousers. Ho by name...

Missed the start of CBB last night (gasp) but this was because I was engrossed in Series 3 of Six Feet Under (I had the DVD for Xmas). Have had to quickly visit Amazon and order Series 4 and 5 now as its so good. Will catch up on CBB tonight. Apparently H from Steps has come out. I was so surprised I nearly turned straight...! J x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's not too late, a Christmas literary suggestion. One of my favourite children's books, called The Giant Under The Snow, by John Gordon, which does not have a specifically Christmas theme but is set at the end of the Christmas term and features three children who fly by magic powers in a battle against an ancient giant. There are the most wonderful descriptions of that time of year. I strongly recommend it, as like all the best children's books, it is just as enjoyable when you read it as an adult.

More grown up, would be TS Eliot's poem, A Celebration of Christmas Trees - it is lovely.

fig said...

... apparently H was a gay when he was in the band 'The Step'. I am so l glad I didn't know then ... I would have never have bought their albums.

newcastlewench said...

So H travels on a different bus? Well nyah nyah nyah. Into each life(-style) a little rain must fall and your rain is called H!!!. Is it not enough that your bus holds Simon Callow, who I have loved since he was in 'chance in a million' with La Blethyn. AND the delicious Alan Cumming (oh if only....), who I have yearned over ever since he was scoring points off Shona aka hitler-in-tights in The High Life (altogether now: if you're feeling rather tedious and life is seriously mediocre, here's how to get the adrenaline going just step aboard a boeing going uuuuuuup)(AND who else would remember his single-handed telly thing 'burn your phone' but a true devotee of the man?)(which as I recall started brilliantly but went pretty naff at the end). Well on the Karmic scale you can't have Callow and Cumming without having to accept your free gift buy-two-get-one-free and that's H! Ha! And don't try giving him back. The bus I'm on still holds bernard manning and john prescott, havent we suffered enough??