Thursday, January 25, 2007

Catch Up

So where was I? Oh yes, went to London on Saturday to stay with my lovely friend Sarah. We met up with our lovely friend Donna and went shopping in all the posh shops on new Bond Street - Fahri, Burberry, Vuitton, Dolce, Armani (Collezioni obviously not Emporio) etc. Saw a lovely pair of Vuitton trainers but they didn't have my size unfortunately. Will either need to source them in Manchester or pay a visit next time I'm in London. Resolved to go and see Patrick Stewart in The Tempest in Stratford on Avon (which reminds me, I'm supposed to be sorting that out). In the evening went to see Avenue Q (a musical featuring muppets) which was a lot better than it sounds. Ever seen muppets having sex? Its not a pretty sight...

Sunday off to Brighton to stay with John and Conor. Didn't do a lot while I was there just sort of hung out and chilled (easy since it was very chilly) which was nice. Back to Manchester on Tuesday and then to see the speech therapist Wednesday morning. Didn't feel as upbeat as I normally do when I've seen Frances in the past but then I think I'm coming to the limits of what I am likely to be able to eat in the future i.e. I don't think I will ever fully recover my swallowing abilities. Which is a shame but at least I'm alive (which is the upside). Anyway will see what the dentist says (I've an appointment soon) and also Sean since the Aged Ps are demanding that I get a second opinion.

Thursday morning was spent in Stockport. Honestly you wouldn't believe the size of their desks. They're huge. Got back to Manchester about 10 minutes ago so I'm going to have some lunch now and its not really worth going back into work now so I'll just chill until Denise drags me to the gym tonight. J x

No comments: