Friday, November 10, 2006

Oh What A Perfect Day (So Far)

Met DD for coffee first thing at Caffe Nero on Oxford Road followed by physiotherapy where I was put up to Level 4 (the highest level) so I must be doing something right. There was also one old biddie and one new guy (younger than me!) there today so I wasn't all on my own. Also Hannah was one of the physios and we like her.

Then saw Frances who says its still too early to say how far my swallow will develop. I think this is encouraging becasue I was beginning to worry that it might not develop much further than it has to date. She's said that i should now move onto "semi-solids" (doesn't that sound appetising!). This includes mashed up vegetables, fish in sauce, scrambled eggs (but I don't eat eggs) and cuury sauces. So will go shopping tomorrow for a whole new larder...

Frances also said that I can keep my tummy tube as long as I want to which is good news since its become a sort of a comfort blanket for me. I'd hate to think of life without it at the moment. Its just so much easier to put painkillers and the Ensure Plus through it at the moment than it is to try and drink them.

Went to see the Xmas lights tuned on yesterday with Mr and Mrs T. Simon Webb was crap. John Savident was crap (the man has no idea how to improvise so I've no idea what he'll be like in panto, I say, I've no idea what he'll be like in panto!) even the 7 bloody dwarves were crap. And as for the mayor, don't even get me started... However the much anticipated "Mamma Mia Firework Finale" was worth all the hype. It was spectacular. Afterwards we walked down Deansgate to see the lights there but they'd forgotten to turn those on!

Seeing Mr & Mrs T for the last time evr tomoprrow. Its going to be emotional.... J x

3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Gosh, spam postings on the blog. Needless to say, no-one should click on any unauthorised links... J x

Anonymous said...

Spam on your blog. What a ****ing liberty as our friend Catherine Tate would say.

I've finally managed to sign up with a new blog account (or something, I don't know it all seemed terribly complicated) having forgotten my original one, after my husband took the computer with him when he left, for those who've been wondering where I've been. Now all I have to do is remember it and get to the cyber cafe regularly. (I haven't been posting but I've been reading).

Hurrah for a trolley full of solids!

Hope sunday lunch went well,
Love Sarah H.

PS: barbie witch - hope you got the 100PS job - will be happy to take you for celebratory coffee on your first day.....

Anonymous said...

The time thingy is almost right these days too.....