Friday, April 08, 2011

News and No Mistake

He's fine now, but Jim's had a heart attack. I know, and he's so young. I had a text from him in the week saying "hi, how are you and by the way I'm in hospital because I've had a heart attack" as casual as you like. He woke up in the early hours of Sunday morning with some chest pains which he assumed was wind/indigestion (poor love). When it hadn't got better after about half an hour he thought, very sensibly, that maybe he should get it checked out at the hospital. But instead of calling an ambulance or calling me he hopped in his car and drove himself there. It seems incredible (and it is) but this story could have had a much worse ending so don't try that at home kids. You phone an ambulance or you phone me.

He's had an angiogram which has shown that the blockage was removed by the medicine they gave him when he was first admitted (which is a very good sign) and he's back at home now with a warning to take things easy as well as instructions to take 7 pills every day for the rest of his life. I'll be going to see him Sunday afternoon and will update you all when I get back. I'll pass on everyone's good wishes whether you know him or not.

Other than that been a relatively quiet week. DD has gone to Venice for the weekend so I'm all on my lonesome but that's fine as I will be able to potter. Wrexham on Monday and then out with Karen's friend (and now mine too) Kathryn on Tuesday and then a hair cut and a help line session later in the week. Its all go...! That's all for now. J x

Oh, and P.S. Please watch this so you'll know...

1 comment:

fig said...

Oh crumbs. Huge hugs to Jim from me.

fig x x x