Saturday, April 02, 2011

Baroque

The previous piece of music is from King Arthur by Henry Purcell. You may recall that me and my friend Michelle went to see Andreas Scholl a few months ago at the Bridgewater Hall and were quite disappointed. He did this piece but not in quite the same way that Klaus does it. The halting singing is normal I think (its a song about being cold) but I just love Klaus's version.

Had a fab time with my friend Karen Thursday and Friday and have just dropped her off at the airport. She hasn't changed at all. Plenty of VMs were drunk and I've made a new Pacesetter friend (one can't have too many of them) called Kathryn who hails from Newport but visits Manchester regularly on Pacesetter business. Venues included the Radisson, Restaurant Bar & Grill, Harvey Nics and the Novotel!

Have also finally dragged myself (with the help of Jim) to the new Lesbian and Gay Foundation building and got myself trained on the new switchboard so I start back on the helpline next week. It'll be good to be helping people again

I have no doubt at all that I shall see my very good friend DD soon to catch up on all that I've missed and shall report back accordingly. Have a good weekend everyone. That's all. J x

No comments: