Saturday, July 05, 2008

So Where to Start?

Well, Lymm was good. An excellent conference. Learned a lot and met some great people - also learned never to go and stay in the Lymm Hotel since the beds were really uncomfortable. It was worth it though and I came away feeling energised and enthused. The Local Compliance Director also complimented me on one of the points I made!

Cannot believe how excited the whole world seems to be at the prospect of tonight's Dr Who. Its all anyone talks about (apart from Ms DD who does occasionally say other things, such as "shall we have another" - the answer is yes...). All flights now sorted for Madrid and am looking forward to that although its a way off yet. Its also the same month I go to Venice so it will be pretty hectic.

Did the helpline on Monday night and had a call from someone whose partner was just about to be sent down for benefit fraud. Found that call quite difficult because all I wanted to do was scream at the guy "but he deserves it" rather than listen to him going on and on about the injustice of it all because it meant that they might lose their council house. Of course I didn't and I was supportive and helpful and all the rest of it.

Saw the designers on Thursday. The builder is getting a final chance (I know, I know) but it really is the final chance. We'll see. He's got a list of things to do by next Friday and if they're not done he's off the job. Went to Heals this morning with Ms DD and ordered a load of new furniture.

Theatre last Sunday for Jim's Showcase. About 7 different am dram companies doing excerpts from the musicals which turned out to be a lot more fun than it sounds...

Saw the hospital dentist last Thursday (after an hour's wait) and he seemed happy with the way things are looking and gave me the go ahead for some crowns. Which unfortunately don't get done on the NHS so are likely to cost me a fortune.

Mother not too well at the moment. She's got a really sore throat and is finding it difficult to eat. I suggested that she try an Ensure Plus (since I have a stash at their place) but apparently it just made her feel sick. Thank God it doesn't have that effect on me or where would I be?

Off to Canal Street tonight after Dr Who so will blog again soon. That's all. J x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well first of all hope your mum has improved and is on the road to recovery...despite the ensures which my friend's mum insists on calling esures.

Wasnt sure about why you were in Lymm until this posting. Glad you are enthused.

Loads of furniture? where will it all go?

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks any plans for entertainment?

Love

Mrs T + entourage xx