Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And It Gets Worse...

Had a chum from London/Eastbourne staying for a couple of nights. She was delivering some really high powered training course on all things international - including Rotterdam apparently. It was great to see her because its been a while since we've got together. But God am I hung over today. It all started out innocently enough. Me her and Steve met up in Panacea and then we went to the Hilton (23rd floor along with all the tourists) because she hadn't been there before and you have to go up at least once. And then of course, Ms DD turned up and it went from bad to worse. Neither of us can remember getting back to the flat. And we felt crap this morning. But I managed to get through a meeting in Blackburn (thank God I wasn't driving) and then brought in a huge settlement this afternoon so all in all not too bad at the end of the day.

Went to see Mamma Mia with Jim at the weekend. What a rubbish film - same criticism as I had about the stage show. Its really a pop concert and not a musical and therefore shouldn't sell itself as such (in my humble musical theatre opinion). You'd never find Sondheim cobbling together someone else's songs and making a fortune out of it and that's all I'm going to say on the matter. Off to bed early tonight to recover. That's all. Oh apart from to say great news from my uncle and aunt who've had some good health related news although Jane still isn't too well. I'm thinking of them all at the moment. J x

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello bebs

nanny says i am to ask ...Can you book me a room on 7/8? Yeah I'm coming baby book or no

Jonathan said...

No probs hon. Consider yourself officially invited. Any decisions on Tatton? Same arrangements as previous years? J x

Anonymous said...

uh huh ...yeah but you'll have to remind me bebs what were they?

Jonathan said...

You and Bill picked me up, drove me there and then drove me home again... J x

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah we'll look after you bebs as always